Texas Senate Bill 11 (also known as “Campus Carry”) will allow individuals who hold a concealed handgun license to carry a concealed handgun on Texas public community college campuses beginning August 1, 2017.
Gun Free Zones
EPCC has designated certain areas as "Gun Free Zones."
Early Colleges and childcare facilities are automatically designated as Gun Free Zones.
Permanent Gun Free Zones include:
- Laboratories including their respective storage rooms
- Intercollegiate outdoor playing fields
- EPCC Police Dispatch Office
- Testing areas
Temporary Gun Free Zones (per event):
- College sponsored events with minors
- Meeting rooms in which a governmental entity is holding an open meeting
- Polling locations
For additional details refer to the
Campus Concealed Carry Task Force Report (PDF).
Campus Carry FAQs
Campus Concealed Carry Task Force Report
The preliminary efforts of the Campus Concealed Carry Task Force were focused on developing factual information about the new law, its implementation dates and the process that would be followed.
The information includes:
- Campus Concealed Carry Task Force Report
- Permanent Gun Free Zones
- Gun Free Zones specific locations District-wide
- Temporary Gun Free Zones Per Event and more
This information can be found in the Campus Concealed Carry Task Force Report.
TX House Bill 910 - “Open Carry” (PDF)
TX Senate Bill 11 – “Campus Carry” (PDF)
TX Senate Bill 1907 “Exception for Guns in Vehicles” Campus Carry (PDF)