This page provides links, guides, and other resources that will help you be successful as you learn and work remotely. For general COVID-19 updates and information visit
Your EPCC account is used to access a variety of college services.
An online portal through which EPCC students and staff can access many college services including email, Blackboard, Web Banner, and more.
Blackboard is the course management software used by EPCC to deliver courses over the Internet. Blackboard has the tools students will use to view the calendar, turn in assignments, take tests, and participate in discussion online.
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration.
Microsoft OneDrive is cloud storage that you can get to from anywhere. It helps you stay organized, access your important documents, photos, and other files from any device, and share those files with friends, family, or coworkers.
Adobe Creative Cloud
As a result of campus closure, student access to Adobe Creative Cloud in labs and classrooms is not available. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted students and faculty, so that they can continue their work remotely.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Enabling Mobile Hotspot:
- Mobile Hotspot is a feature that lets you share your network connection with other devices, so they can access the internet. You may or may not have this feature depending on your mobile service provider.
iOS Instructions | Android Instructions
Charter Spectrum Free Internet offer for 2 months:
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
AT&T COVID-19 response:
- offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to families needing a data plan.
Verizon COVID-19 response:
- no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
Sprint COVID-19 response:
- follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
T-Mobile COVID-19 response:
- follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
FCC agreement with providers stating late fees will be waived and service will not be terminated for lack of payment.