The goal of the Health Literacy initiative is to increase health literacy and awareness about different diseases, and to promote health and prevention of chronic diseases.
The purpose of EPCC Health Occupations Literacy Project, with collaboration of the Paso Del Norte Health Foundation, is to try and furnish a "Best-Practice Model" for the community, to provide health literacy and cultural competency training in health for medical and health care professionals, and to train youth and schools for health education topics through our Community Health Workers.
Methodology of this Project
- Best Practices Model
- Health and cultural conferences for Health Professionals and lay Professions
- Technical Oversight of Mini-Grants and school district Mini-Grant Awards
- Marketing the initiative.
- Best Practices Community Model
- Competencies Training for Medical and Health Care Providers
- Health Education Training for Youth and Schools
- Health Education for those who have no access to healthcare, are uninsured, underinsured on disease awareness and prevention
School District Partnerships
- Ysleta Independent School District
- Canutillo Independent School District
- Socorro Independent School District