The El Paso Community College Law Enforcement Training Academy is a West Texas, Region 2 training provider for the
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, which is located in Austin, Texas and provides oversight of all training
academies. The Law Enforcement
Training facility provides a self-contained training facility with multiple classrooms, self-defense tactics
mat-room, weight room, a 20 bay in-door shooting range (also open to the public), and simulation room for Use of
Force scenarios. The Academy trains and certifies motivated individuals who are seeking a career in Law Enforcement.
Additionally, the academy provides mandatory in-service training for current Law Enforcement personnel and conducts
various certification and non-certification courses such as, License to Carry, Civilian Firearms, Security Level II
and III, International Protection Officer Certification, Basic and Experienced Motorcycle Rider to include 3-wheel
operations, and Women’s Basic Self-Defense. The indoor shooting range is open for public use. Course information can
be located in the Continuing Education Catalog.
Additional Training Courses
The academy offers a variety of training and certification courses in addition to its long-term programs.
- Advanced Security Officers Training
- Texas Personal Protection Officer
- In-Service Firearms Training for Security and Special Officers
Law Enforcement Training
- Law Enforcement/ Security Officer Baton Recertification
- Law Enforcement/ Security Officer Taser Recertification
- Law Enforcement/ Security Officer Oleoresin Capsicum Recertification
- In-Service Firearms for LE Agencies (Open Entry)
- Introduction To Firearms Safety
- Concealed Handgun Course