An individual is eligible to participate in a Student Support Services Program if the individual:
- Is a citizen or national of the United States:
- Is a permanent resident of the United States:
- Provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that he or she is in United States for other than temporary purposes with the intention of becoming a citizen or permanent resident:
- Is a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.
- Is enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the next enrollment period at the grantee institution:
- Has a need for academic support in order to successfully pursue a post-secondary program
- IS AT TIME OF INITIAL SELECTION
- A low income individual - and individual whose family taxable income did not exceed 150% of the poverty level in the calendar year preceding the year in which the individual participates in the program.
- A first generation college student - a person neither of whose parents received a bachelors degree
- An individual with a disability - a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of such individual.
Learn More About Eligibility