VoIP is the college's phone system and provides communication services across campuses.
VoIP is a standards-based technology that uses the College’s data network to transmit and receive voice telephone calls.
The advantage of this approach are
- Infrastructure that already exists for the College’s data network can be used to carry voice traffic.
- Keep up to date with current EPCC news and events
- there are many third-party applications which take advantage of the integration between voice and data.
- Maintaining the system is easier because only one cabling/wiring infrastructure is required, and “Adds, Moves and Changes” on the telephone network are greatly simplified.
- The new system will work in conjunction with the existing telephone system and will be phased in or updated at each of the campuses in the future.