The mission of the Information Security Office is to foster a safe computing environment by assisting the EPCC community in protecting the confidentiality, the integrity, and the availability of information resources.
El Paso Community College is committed to protecting information resources that are critical to its academic mission as well as preserving an environment that encourages collaboration through the responsible use of information technology resources. Everyone at El Paso Community College has a responsibility for proper handling and protection of confidential information and responsible use of information technology.
By working with the EPCC community, the Information Security office will:
- Advance the awareness that information security is the responsibility of everyone.
- Work toward ensuring all applicable regulations regarding the security of information are followed.
- Perform risk assessments of department workflows and data and manage identified threats through mitigation strategies.
- Team with EPCC’s data owners, experts in the field, and industry leaders to understand the current and future threats to information.
- Develop and update the policies, procedures, and guidelines necessary to ensure the confidentiality, the integrity, and the availability of EPCC’s information resources.
Procedures of Note