The El Paso Community College Advanced Technology Center (ATC), located at the Valle Verde Campus provides training in Career Technical Education programs. Flexible schedules are offered during the day and in the evenings to accommodate students and industry needs.
Some programs include advanced technology courses such as:
- EDM Wire
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Pipe Welding
- Electronic Systems
- Photovoltaic Energy Auditor
Additionally, embedded into several degree plans are national certifications such as:
- OSHA 10 for Construction in HVAC and Welding programs.
- HVAC faculty encourage students to test for EPA and 410A certifications.
- The welding program offers the American Welding Society (AWS) Level 1 Sense Certification.
- Electrical Technology has the OSHA 30 embedded into the program.
- The Renewable Energy program offers testing for the NABCEP certification.
Quality education helps enhance a variety of opportunities to compete in regional and global job markets. A skilled workforce will support the specialized labor demands of industries across the nation and facilitate their expansion into the local and regional economies of the El Paso Borderplex region. Financial Aid available for those to qualify.