Child Care Assistance
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Demonstrates calculated financial need.
- Be an undergraduate student pursuing Technical Certificate or Technical Associate Degree.
- Meets El Paso Community College Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) criteria with a cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Instructional method must be face to face. All others instructional methods are not eligible.
The childcare assistance has to be requested every semester. It is the
student responsibility to notify the YWCA and Financial Aid Office of any
of the following:
- Academic changes such as withdrawal of courses or withdrawal
from the semester.
- Changes such as address or phone number or any other relevant
To maintain eligibility, notification of any changes must be within five
calendar days of when the change occurred. Any cost incurred during
this period may result in liable childcare costs and termination of the
To facilitate student access, the Childcare Assistance application is available at
any Financial Aid Office and below:
Applications are accepted
year round. Awards are given based on the eligibility criteria and first come first
serve funding ability.
Complete applications can be submitted directly to the Financial Aid Office or
emailed to Child Care Services. Students are notified of awards via email or
phone call within five business days upon application submission.