The CE Health department and EMSP department provides continuing education programs that are necessary for paramedics, nurses,
doctors and other medical practitioners to maintain their competencies in key areas of the professions. EPCC is an authorized
Training Center and offers many AHA courses.
EPCC's current offering of CE Courses include:
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers - This course teaches basic
AED skills. It is offered in an 8 hour initial course or a 4 hour renewal course. It is also a prerequisite for many of
the nursing and allied health programs.
- First Aid program teaches basic first aid skills and training to recognize medical emergencies.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) - Skills development for professional personnel practicing in critical care units,
emergency departments, and paramedic ambulances. Establishes a system of protocols for management of the patient experiencing
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - A system of protocols for management of the pediatric patient experiencing difficulties
in medical and/or trauma related emergencies. Allows health care professionals, whose jobs are involved in the medical
care of pediatric patients to practice and improve their knowledge and skills in pediatric resuscitation.
- PHTLS (PreHospital Trauma Life Support) - Focuses on the care of the trauma patients in the pre-hospital environment. Topics
include how to identify, manage, and transport trauma patients with the highest chance of survival.
The CE Health Department can also tailor a custom training solution for your organization or department. We have experience
in training for industry settings, hospitals, fire departments, and private physicians’ offices. We can create a training
program for your employees or students. Programs we have done include
First Aid and
Training For Industry,
Other courses offered:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Emergency Department Orthopedic Technology