The PREP Program’s purpose is to help the student PREPare for college by helping students improve their college placement scores. PREP offers computerized assisted tutorials that aid the student in refreshing their Math, Reading, and Writing skills. This can help the student reduce the amount of time in Developmental Education courses and by helping students meet specialized admissions requirements for programs such as Health Occupations, Fire Technology, Cosmetology and so many more.
Do you need PREP's help?
Answer the following three questions.
- Do you need to take the TSI Placement test to get into EPCC? OR Did you take the placement test and score into a 0300 developmental education course?
- Do you think you can score higher with some tutoring?
- Do you want to save time and money by exiting developmental education courses?
If you answered yes to all three, come see PREP.
Who benefits from PREP?
Students Interested in Retesting
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
- High School Graduates
- New Students
Students Entering Programs with Special Admission
- Early College High School
- Dual Credit
- Fire Technology (only reading score)
- Cosmetology (only reading score)
- Sign Language (only reading score)
Students Entering Programs Requiring Ranking Scores
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Coding
- Medical Assisting Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Nursing & Vocational Nursing
- Pharmacy Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care Technology
- Surgical Technology
How to get PREPared
- Meet with your advisor to develop the best plan for you.
- You may need to take an assessment in Math, Reading and Writing, depending on which areas you need to test or retest in.
If you need to take the Assessment, this will be done at the campus of your choice.
- If you need help in all areas (math, reading and writing) the assessment may take up to three hours.
- Math may take approximately 1 hour
- Reading may take approximately 45 minutes
- Writing may take approximately 1 hour
- Time may vary depending on how you take test
Once you have finished your assessment, your advisor will review your results with you.
Your advisor will assign you tutorials that are specific to your needs. We will assign you a username for you to start your tutoring (all is computer based). Depending on the tutorials your advisor assigns to you and depending on the individual's pace, this is how long you have to work on your tutorials.
Once you have finished all tutorials, it is time to test or retest!
The PREP Program offers TSI Boot Camps to assist students who would like the opportunity to improve their placement scores and/advance to college level! The Boot Camp sessions are free, interactive, engaging, and have proven to be a very effective resource for those students who attend all sessions. Many students place out of Developmental Education after attending a TSI Boot Camp. Our friendly and professional faculty spend quality time in the classroom providing instruction and helpful skills to prep students for the placement test. PREP also offers other Boot Camps for our ranking students in the Health Sciences such as Nursing, Surgical Technology, Pharmacy Technology, Dental Hygiene, Respiratory Care, Medical Sonography and many others.
If you are interested in enrolling for a TSI Boot Camp, please contact any PREP Program Advisor or come by and visit any of our PREP offices. Please note that all students must enroll with a PREP Program Advisor to be placed on the official Boot Camp class roster.
Boot Camps Schedule
Math Resources contains a list of Beginning to Advanced practice sample questions. Check out the "Interactive Lessons" expandable on this page for a more engaging approach to learning.
The Reading Resources expandable contains sample questions and Online content to improve your reading skills. Check out the "Interactive Lessons" expandable on this page for additional resources.
This expandable features Writing Resources that contain sample test practice questions to improve your writing skills. For additional resources, remember to check out our "Interactive Lessons" expandable on this page.
Interactive Learning can be "Fun", "Educational" and "Engaging." To access our Interactive Lessons, you will need to use a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome with the latest updates. If one browser does not work for you, simply try another. You will be required to log on to the Blackboard Course Management System.