Commencement Attire Regulations
- Traditional black gown - not modified, altered, or decorated in any way.
- Traditional black cap - decorations to cap are not too seriously alter the profile or size of the mortarboard and offensive or provocative language is strictly prohibited.
- Additional items - the following honors or distinctions may be worn:
- College honor societies and honor students
- U.S. military veterans and military service members that have been recognized with these unique designations.
- ECHS graduates may wear their early college stole and the honor student stole.
- Use caution! In selecting your graduation footwear. You will be required to stand for periods of time, walk distances, and use stairs/ramps.
- Candidates will wear tassels on the right side.
Note: Caps and gowns are to be ordered at any of the EPCC Bookstore locations. Students can purchase regalia from October 7th to November 22nd for $43.99 plus tax. (All gowns are black and the tassels are antique gold and teal.)
RSVP For Graduation
All candidates participating in commencement must RSVP through
Marching Order one month in advanced. Once you RSVP you should receive a confirmation email. Please note, the deadline to register and submit your attendance for the Fall 2019 Commencement Ceremony is November 22, 2019, by 11:59 pm.
Getting to Graduation
- Graduation will be taking place at
UTEP's Don Haskins Center
- General parking is free for the event at the following lots: SB7, GR1, GR2.
- Disabled parking is accessible at lot SB8 (disabled parking permit is required).
- Working Staff are to park in lot GR3 (UTEP parking permit required).
- VIP Parking is located in lot GR4 (UTEP parking permit required).
UTEP Parking Map
Graduates will check in at the Auxiliary Gym/Memorial Gym. The processional will depart from the Memorial Gym 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. At the Memorial Gym Annex graduates will receive their registration cards and line up for the ceremony. Don't be late.
For Your Information
- Graduates requiring special assistance for the ceremony, please call the Center for Students with Disabilities.
- Graduation announcement, invitations, class rings, and diploma frames may be ordered at the EPCC Bookstore.
- Family and professional photographer will not be allowed on the floor of the Don Haskins Center. Flash Photography will photograph graduates twice on stage and will email and mail you a proof and order form. For Customer Service please call (888) 325-3930.
- There is no commencement rehearsal held for graduates.