K-12 Art Exhibit
El Paso Community College invites your students to submit entries for our annual K-12 Art Exhibit! The exhibit, which is part of EPCC's Salute to the Arts, will be held at the EPCC Administrative Services Center.
This competition is open to all grades K-12. Art students currently enrolled in any El Paso County School District or Parochial School, as well as those who are home-schooled, may enter.
In order to enter
- The Art Entry and Exhibit Information Form must be completely filled out and attached to each piece of art submitted, along with a completed comprehensive K-12 Art Exhibit Inventory Sheet.
- Each piece of art must have its own label attached to it
Please review the following rules for the K-12 Art Exhibit:
- All instructors must complete the attached Excel Inventory List and EMAIL it to the Salute to the Arts Representative by the deadline.
- This is to facilitate the printing of certificates
- If we do not receive your inventory list via email, by the deadline, we will not accept your students' artwork.
- Please print a copy of your inventory list to bring with you in addition to the one you've emailed! Do not send the list as a pdf, please.
- There is a limit of 20 entries per teacher, per division.
- Each student is allowed one original entry, but may also participate in one group entry.
- All artwork must have an information form attached as well as a label.
- All artwork must be ready to hang.
- In Divisions I and II, no framing is accepted, although items must be ready to hang. Paper matting is OK.
General Competition Classification and Entry Limitations
Open to students in grades K-2
Open to students in grades 3-5
Open to students in grades 6-8
Open to students in grades 9-12
- In each division first, second, and third place, plus two honorable mentions, and a president's choice winner will receive trophies or plaques.
- In Divisions III and IV, there will be a Best of Show for 3D and Best of Show for Technology-Assisted.
- Technology-Assisted includes photography and computer-generated art.
- Each participating student and teacher will receive a certificate of participation.
- Remember, the Inventory sheets must be emailed in by Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- Art must be delivered to El Paso Community College, Administrative Services Center, Building A,room 847 on Thursday, November 8, from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m., Friday, November 9, from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, November 10, from 10:00 to noon No late work will be accepted. Please have all forms filled out neatly and attached to art before delivery! Bring a copy of your inventory sheet for easier check-in. Please make sure all student names are spelled correctly on the form, since the labels are created using what you have given us. NOTE: This is a new location for the artwork drop-off!
- Judging will be on or before November 16.
- Award winners will be announced during a reception on Wednesday, November 28, 2018, at 6:30pm, at EPCC's Administrative Services Center, in the Auditorium, Room A300, located at 9050 Viscount Blvd., El Paso, Texas.
- The art will be on display from November 12 through November 30, 2018 at the Administrative Services Center, 9050 Viscount Blvd.
- Artwork must be picked up by teachers on Friday, November 30, Monday, December 3 from 1:00-6:00, or Tuesday, December 4 from 3:00pm- 6:00pm. We do not have the space to keep the art longer than this, so it must be picked up on time. If you need the students' artwork earlier than this, please contact either Janine to let her know when you need the artwork.
- While all reasonable care in handling will be given to all of the student work, El Paso Community College and other authorities cannot be held liable for damage or loss of entries. Participants in the exhibit will be required to sign a liability waiver form entitled Art Entry and Exhibit.