The Center for College Access and Development is the place where students become college ready by addressing their academic and personal challenges. We seek to develop or strengthen foundational skills that facilitate transition, persistence and completion of postsecondary education. Let our office help you get ready for college!
Who can benefit at this Center?
- Students who need preparation for scoring college ready on the TSI Assessment (Placement test)
- Students in need to improve their reading, writing or math skills
- Second Language Learners (ESL) transitioning into academic courses
- Adult learners that want to come back to college and they do not know where and how to start
- Health career students that need to improve skills for ranking
- Adults who need preparation classes to acquire the High school Equivalency certificate (GED)
- Students with no access to financial Aid (foreign trained professionals, degree holders, students under academic suspension)
Intensive College Readiness courses for students to acquire the foundational academic skills in math, reading and writing (8 weeks)
- ESL Pre-Bridge: This class is for adult beginners who have been exposed to the language or have studied English in the past, but are not comfortable reading, writing or speaking English. This class will transition you into the ESL-Bridge class. Small classes between 12-20 students allows for high interaction between students and instructor.
- ESL-Bridge: This class is a transition to academic ESOL for second language learners who need to improve their language and math skills to become ready to move into the US higher educational system. The course is divided into four blocks. The blocks include grammar, math, reading and writing. These classes are also small classes between 12-20 students which allows for high interaction between students and instructor. Embedded into the program are components on how to succeed and understand the US higher education system. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start in academic ESOL classes and a career pathway.
GED to College
Preparation classes to acquire the high school equivalency certificate
All programs are designed to provide face-to-face instruction in a dynamic and supportive environment at a low cost.
- Call us to schedule an assessment free of charge
- Schedule an Intake session with a faculty member
- Fill out the Continuing Education Registration Form for course registration
- Payment at ASC Bldg. B Cashier window