The STEMFuerte Program is a concerted partnership between EPCC and UTEP to grow Hispanic student success in science, technology, and engineering (STEM) fields. The program is designed to ensure that students who enroll at UTEP and EPCC have appropriate STEM guidance, advising and learning support, and effective STEM instruction.
Benefits for students involved in the STEMFuerte Program are:
- Introductory courses with an emphasis on STEM skills
- Access to articulated courses in all STEM degree programs
- STEM Acculturation at UTEP and EPCC
- Biology student summer cohort research and field trips
- Career advising and counseling
Because STEMFuerte is the first program of its kind in the nation, leaders of the program hope that it serves as an example for other U.S. universities to increase minority student success in STEM fields.
STEMFuerte is funded by the Department of Education, Award #226508334B.