The Honors Program helps students and faculty to “shine a little brighter” through participation in our program.
Honors Promo Video
- Design honors projects with instructors.
- Honors credit designation on student’s transcript.
- Be recognized at the Spring Honors Convocation if actively participating in the Honors Program.
- Receive recognition awards at Honors Convocations based on Honors credit hours completed.
- Eligible to purchase an Honors stole that can be worn at graduation ceremonies if student has earned 15 Honors credits or more, in 3 different subject areas, for those students enrolled in academic programs.
- Designation of “With College Honors” on diploma and transcript of graduation student who has earned 15 Honors credits or more, in 3 different subject areas, for those students enrolled in academic programs.
- Students can transfer most Honors Credits to UTEP Honors Program (only applies to transfer courses and at the discretion of UTEP).
- Provide opportunities to students towards advanced study and scholarships.
If you have a GPA of 3.25 or better or this is your first semester at EPCC, then please apply electronically to the Honors Program.
After being accepted in the Honors Program, students will work with Honors faculty to develop an Honors Project for their course and to complete the Student/Faculty Contract.
Once the honors project is completed and the final grade is known for the course, Faculty should email the Honors Program with the following information so that Honors Credit may be recorded on the student's transcript for the course:
- Student Name
- Id Number
- Final Grade
- Confirmation of Honors Project Completion