We Keep the College Going
The Physical Plant Department is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the buildings and grounds of all six EPCC campuses: Administrative Service Center, Mission del Paso, Northwest Campus, Rio Grande, Transmountain, and Valle Verde Campus. In addition, the department has responsibilities at three other facilities: Career Training Center, Fort Bliss, Mesilla Valley Trucking.
Building Hardware Specialist is responsible for:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing the door hardware
- Maintenance of the fire suppression system
- Fire alarm systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Elevator maintenance
- Replacing broken windows and glass and window coverings, including horizontal and vertical blinds.
The electricians are responsible for:
- Ordering and installing electrical devices at new construction
- Electrical power distribution
- Interior/exterior building wiring maintenance
- Emergency lighting systems
- Emergency generators
- Electrical renovations
- Electrical trouble-shooting
The Grounds crew is responsible for:
- Tree maintenance
- Parking lot maintenance
- Weed, herbicides, fertilizer control
- Asphalt patching
- Baseball/softball and soccer field maintenance
The HVAC technicians are responsible for:
- Repairing Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning equipment and checking controls throughout the district.
- Provide installation, maintenance, and services
- air conditioners
- environmental boxes
- air handlers
- small boilers
- humidification systems
- Specialized environmental systems for computer rooms and pumps for various mechanical requirements
- Maintenance of chillers outside the Steam & Chilled Water Plant
Janitorial services include:
- Restrooms (Including: Restocking of paper towels, toilet paper or soap)
- Trash and recycling removal
- Stripping and waxing floor tile
- Shampooing carpets
The locksmiths are responsible for:
- Issuing keys
- Repairing lock sets
- Installing new lock sets
- Providing key services for doors, storage cabinets, desks, filing cabinets and padlocks.
- Installation and repair of key systems.
- Maintenance of the campus master key systems.
Campus technicians are responsible for:
- Operating and maintaining the heating and cooling at their campus.
- Performing minor repairs.
- Maintaining physical structure of their campuses.
- Performing maintenance inspections.
Maintenance is also responsible for:
- Building walls
- Installing electrical
- Installing ceilings
- Installing doors and windows
- Installing ducts
- Installing flooring
- Installing plumbing
The mechanics are in charge of:
- Repairing and maintaining college-owned motor vehicles, which include over one hundred cars, trucks, vans, busses, fire trucks, forklifts, and motorcycles
- Towing of a college vehicle
- Contracting work outside the college, such as alignments, windshield repair, inspection stickers, warranty work or engine replacement
The movers are responsible for:
- Moving furniture/equipment
- Special event setups
- Assembling new furniture
- Year-round computer deliveries
- Set-up art panels for exhibits
- Some roof repair when it is necessary
The recycling program manages the way the college collects and handles recyclables as well as educates people about recycling issues and promotes a cleaner environment. Please team up with us and take part in this important program by depositing your recyclables (paper, plastic, aluminum and cardboard) into the bright blue bins located throughout all EPCC campuses.
Location of Physical Plant is ASC B260
Contact Physical Plant in regards to work orders or maintenance during regular college operation hours (M-F: 7am - 5pm).
This includes calls for the following:
- Lights or electricity not working
- Problems with doors, locks or keys
- Broken furniture, equipment or windows
- Room temperature too high or too low
- Unsafe floor or carpet condition
- Repair, service or towing of a college vehicle
- Elevator problems
- Furniture or equipment to be moved
- Set-up of tables and chairs for an event
- Repair or replacement of window blinds
- Pest extermination
- Hazardous waste disposal and medical waste disposal
- Water leak from ceiling, wall, water fountain or floor
- Any plumbing problem, including water leaks or lack of water in toilet, sink or urinal.
For emergencies, please contact campus police.