Getting fit and having fun is our goal for you!
The Intramural Sports Program provides a comprehensive quality program of recreational sports and activities designed to meet the diverse needs and interests of students, faculty, and staff members of El Paso Community College.
The Intramural Sports staff is here to serve you and to do everything possible to make sure that your experience is a positive one. We offer a number of different team and individual activities for students, faculty, staff and administration to participate in. You can keep in shape and enrich your college experience by participating in your intramural sports. There are several intramural events scheduled each year, including the traditional sports such as soccer, volleyball, flag football, and basketball. There is something for everyone!
For additional information regarding all activities, please feel free to contact the Intramural Sports Manager.
Note: Valid EPCC ID is required to participate in all activities and events.
Click here to download blank rosters (PDF)
(rosters are applicable to all organized sports activities)
Entries: Teams & Individuals
- It is the responsibility of the team captain to submit a proper team name for their Intramural Sports team. The following restrictions are enforced: team names should only be from one of the NBA teams only.
- The Intramural Sports Manager reserves the right to censor and change team names accordingly.
- Entries will be taken on a first-come, first serve basis. Space is limited in many activities therefore Captain's meeting are mandatory. Once the meeting is over, there is no guarantee that additional teams will be let into the league.
- Late entries will be accepted only if time and space allow. Occasionally, teams entering a sport late will be inserted if another team drops out of competition (due to forfeits or sportsmanship issues); at this point, the teams on the "waiting list" will be inserted in the order of entry.
- In individual/dual sports and meets, individuals entering late may show up at the activity site and assume a position left open by a forfeit.
Looking to get in a team?
No team - No Problem! Simply come to the Captain's meeting and sign up as a free agent for that sport. Often individuals who are put on the " free agent list" are picked up from teams who attend the sport specific captain's meetings; if you're picked up, you'll be part of the team named "The Wanderers."
The following eligibility regulations have been established to protect the intramural athletes and to insure them ample opportunity to participate. It is important that all participants observe the rules equally so that no team or individual may gain an advantage over those abiding by the rules. Each participant is responsible for the verification of his/her own eligibility. Each team captain is responsible for the eligibility of his/her team members.
Sports & Events
Basketball is played as a 3-on-3 competition, and is held at the Valle Verde Campus. League play is all semester long, trophies and t-shirts are awarded to the top teams. Sign-up for league play is generally at the beginning of each semester. For example; for the Fall Semester, sign up is the first week in September; for the Spring Semester, sign-up is the first week in February; and for the Summer Semester, sign-up is the first week of June; or until there's enough teams to form a league.
Indoor Soccer is played as a Co-ed competition, and is held at the Valle Verde Campus, league play is all semester long. Trophies and t-shirts awarded to top teams. Sign up for league play is generally at the beginning of each semester. For example, for the Fall Semester sign up is the first week in September, for the Spring Semester is the first week in February, and for the Summer Semester is the first week in June.
Campus Life provides Volleyball for students during Open Rec hours. Hours will be posted when each semester begins.
Special Event: "The Game" is a Volleyball match between students and faculty, and is held at the Valle Verde Campus.
Entry forms may be obtained at the Intramural Sports Office. Please return forms ASAP!
The weight-room is open to all students and employees (men and women).
The Intramural staff will be on hand to show you how to use the equipment in the weight room. This program is held each semester of the school year at no cost.
Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Run:
The Annual 2 mile Turkey Run at the Valle Verde Campus is open to all EPCC students with a valid ID card.
Start Finish in front of Valle Verde Campus gym - length of race: 2.1 miles
You can sign up the day of the race!
Awards are given to top Male and Female Runners.
T-shirts are distributed to all contestants.
Click here to download course map (PDF)
On your Mark ... Get Set ... Gobble!
In conjunction with Kinesiology, this event is held in the Fall and Spring Semester and is open to all EPCC students with a valid ID card.
The challenge will consist of the following events:
- The Wobble Board
- Strength Ball Toss
- Balance on Stability Ball
- Quick Step on Box
- Bench Press (optional)
(Please Note: There will be a one minute time limit on all stations.)
This is a number of FREE THROWS made out of 25 attempts. The individual with the most amount wins.
The 3-Point Contest is a timed event. The contestant shoots anywhere from outside the 3 point line, the contestant with the most shots made in one minute wins. Events are held each semester of the school year and is open to all EPCC students with valid ID card.
Awards and Intramural T-shirts are given to the top female and male shooters.
This is a bench press contest, challenging the competitor in lifting the required weight, for as many repetitions as possible in the time allotted.
This event is held each semester of the school year and is open to all EPCC students with a valid ID. Awards and Intramural T-shirts are given to the top female and male lifters.
*This event is held towards the end of the each semester, so everyone can get into shape for this event.
- Males will be using 85lbs
- Females will be using 35lbs
- There is a time limit of 1-minute to lift the weight as many times as possible.
- Tie breaker goes to lighter lifter (contestants must go through a weigh-in prior to participating).
- This event is held at the Valle Verde campus during open hours.