Struggling in high school or behind in credits? Don't do well in large environments but motivated to get your high school diploma? Gateway to College can help you get on the right track to earn your high school diploma and gain college credits.
Gateway to College is a partnership between El Paso Community College, El Paso Independent School District and Achieving the Dream's Gateway to College initiative. Through this partnership, students in the program will take all of their classes at an El Paso Community College campus. Gateway to College offers computer-based instruction where you dictate the pace and individualize your learning. This provides an excellent opportunity to earn a high school diploma and take college classes at the same time.
Benefits of Gateway to College
- Experience a college setting
- Personalized pace
- Traditional classes and computer based instruction
- When eligible, a chance to take college courses
- Access to on-campus resources (tutoring, library, computer labs)
- A smaller school population with individualized support
- Positive environment
- Age 15 to 20
- Behind in high school credits (for age and grade)
- EPISD student
- Willing to make a commitment to work hard to complete high school and progress toward a college degree