The Academic Computing Services (ACS) mission is to provide appropriate and high-quality support and facilities, allowing access to technology and responding to the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Academic Computing Services (ACS) provides and maintains the computer labs located at each campus. From these locations’ students can work on assignments and projects, access email and internet, and utilize other online services.
Student Mobile Device Checkout
Academic Computing Services offers mobile device checkout to EPCC students. The ACS loans laptops, webcams, and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots. Follow the steps below to check out a device.
- Please fill out the Device Checkout Form and we will contact you within 72 hours to setup an appointment.
Device Checkout Form
- At your scheduled appointment time proceed to the campus. We have setup designated parking spots to pick up your equipment.
- Contact us and let us know you are on campus, provide a description of your car. Please stay in your car and wear your face coverings. We will come to you.
- Please have your ID available to show the ACS staff. Acceptable forms of ID: EPCC ID, State Issued ID, State Issued Driver’s license, etc.
- To avoid another trip please be sure you have all the equipment you requested before leaving.
Contact us if you have any questions about the checkout procedure or any issues you may encounter. We are here to help.
Please visit the
Remote Toolkit for information and resources that support your distance learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of equipment does the ACS loan to students for checkout?
The ACS loans laptops, webcams, and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots for short and long-term checkout. To check out equipment you must be currently enrolled at El Paso Community College.
I checked out a Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot how do I use it?
We have made a guide available for users who are not familiar with the use of Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots.
Is there software available to students to use on personal computers?
Yes, several programs have been made available to students for use on personal computers. Check out the
Remote Toolkit page for a listing of software that has been made available to EPCC students.