Student Initiated Drop Procedure

It is your responsibility to officially drop from any class you are no longer attending. You may complete the process in person by filling out the Student Initiated Drop Form (PDF) making sure to get the required signatures (i.e. instructor and counselor). Students on a F1 visa, taking ESL, Developmental, Dual Credit or Health majors must take the completed form to Counseling Services prior to submitting the signed form to the Admissions and Registration office.

If you are on Financial Aid, dropping a class may result in you being responsible for paying back funds received for those classes. Dropping a class may affect your financial aid status or your deferred student loan. Dropping completely from all classes before completing 60% of the semester will result in a prorated portion of the financial aid received, based on the last date of attendance due to your participation in federal aid programs.