In-State Tuition Residency Requirements

Residency requirements are used to determine tuition rates. During the admissions process, you will be asked to document that you live in Texas. Residents of Texas are charged a different tuition rate than those who are not residents. The residency categories set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board are resident, non-resident or foreign student. Basically, you need to present documentation indicating that you have lived in the State of Texas for 12 months prior to enrolling at EPCC

Current and returning EPCC students who are residents for tuition purposes, but have not attended EPCC during the last 12 months, must re-qualify for in-state tuition rates at any campus Admissions and Registration Office. Until residency is re-verified, you will be able to log on and select courses but will be unable to pay and complete the registration process. Once residency is validated, you can complete the registration for the selected courses. It is the responsibility of the student to re-establish residency for tuition purposes based upon the previous 12 months.

Depending on individual circumstances, the following list of documents (not inclusive) may be used to determine students' residency status. In some situations, combinations of these documents may be needed to establish the 12 month residency period.

Please contact the Office of Admissions and Registration at (915) 831-2150 or via email at to inquire as to what type of documents will need to provide to prove that you have established residency in the State of Texas.