Residency requirements are used to determine tuition rates. During the admissions process, you will be asked to document that you live in Texas. Residents of Texas are charged a different tuition rate than those who are not residents. The residency categories set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board are resident, non-resident or foreign student. Basically, you need to present documentation indicating that you have lived in the State of Texas for 12 months prior to enrolling at EPCC
Current and returning EPCC students who are residents for tuition purposes, but have not attended EPCC during the last 12 months, must re-qualify for in-state tuition rates at any campus Admissions and Registration Office. Until residency is re-verified, you will be able to log on and select courses but will be unable to pay and complete the registration process. Once residency is validated, you can complete the registration for the selected courses. It is the responsibility of the student to re-establish residency for tuition purposes based upon the previous 12 months.
Depending on individual circumstances, the following list of documents (not inclusive) may be used to determine students' residency status. In some situations, combinations of these documents may be needed to establish the 12 month residency period.
Acceptable Documents Required Verifying Your Residency:
- Official transcripts from a Texas high school showing your graduation within the year.
- Written statement from your employer, on company letterhead, showing dates of employment and your address for the past 12 months.
- A permanent Texas Driver's License or Texas ID card at least one year old.
- A Texas Voter Registration Card in your name issued at least one year ago.
- A lease agreement showing your name and address of record covering the last 12 months.
- Current Property Tax (ad valorem) receipts for property in El Paso County.
- A written statement from your bank, on bank letter head, showing account number and your address for at least the past 12 months.
- Utility receipts in your name for the last 12 months.
- Previous two (2) years Federal Income Tax returns indicating the student is claimed as a dependent by parents or legal guardian and supporting documentation indicating filee's Texas residency for the previous 12 months (documents may include W-2 forms or any of the above listed documents).