Employees receiving a bomb threat or discovering a bomb or emergency should immediately notify the EPCC PD office, extension 2200.
Do not evacuate the building. Do not activate the fire alarm.
If a bomb threat is received by telephone, ask:
- Why did you place the bomb?
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
Keep the caller on the phone as long as possible and record the following information for EPCC PD:
- Time of call
- Date of call
- Exact words of person
- Gender, age
- Speech pattern, accent
- Background noises
If a bomb threat is received by mail, employees should do the following:
- Not handle envelope or package
- Leave the immediate area
- Notify EPCC PD and stop anyone from entering area where the package is located.
If a suspicious object is discovered, the employee should:
- Not attempt to touch or move object
- Evacuate immediate area only
- Notify EPCC PD and await further instructions
Evacuations should take place only when police personnel make notification of evacuation implementation