The objectives of the grant are:
1) To enhance ECHS Bridge Student Performance in STEM Courses,
2) To enhance ECHS Bridge Student Performance on STEM focused TAKS Assessments,
3) To Prepare ECHS Students to earn STEM Associates degrees that will prepare them to transfer to the university to pursue a Bio-Engineering career,
4) To provide ECHS Bridge students with a well-structured exposure to the scientific method through participation in progressively more complex research projects and state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation, and
5) To stimulate student interest in Bio-engineering careers through exposure to state of-the-art laboratory facilities and equipment.