Pharmacy Technologists are eligible to work in hospitals, retail and home health pharmacies. Under the supervision of a pharmacist, the pharmacy technician is involved directly with:
- Medication distribution
- Utilizes extensive computer skills
- Assists with controlled substance inventory
- Prepares intravenous admixtures
- Parental nutrition products
- Handles chemotherapeutic agents
- Prepares nonsterile medical products.
Technicians are also responsibility for product packaging services, purchasing and inventory management and are involved in pharmacy satellite services.
For More Information Contact:
Nader Rassei, MD
RG, Room B308 A