EPCC is participating in a new loan program for Stafford Loan borrowers called William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Direct Loan borrowers at EPCC can go on-line via internet and complete the loan application process in 3 Phases.
You will not receive a loan disbursement until you:
- Have completed an entrance in-person counseling session for each academic year.
- Have accepted your award online.
- Have completed your entrance and E-MPN online.
If you do not have access to a PC with an Internet connection, contact the EPCC Financial Aid Office at 915-831-2561. We have self-help computers available for student use in the Financial Aid Office for your convenience. In addition, as a student, you have access to computer labs at each campus.
After attending your in-person entrance counseling session you will be given a date and time to process your application request. You will complete 3 phases to complete the Federal Direct Loan Process.
Complete your entrance counseling quiz
- Log into the Direct Loan Website www.studentloans.gov
- Click on the green tab the Sign in button under Manage My Direct Loan
- Complete the Entrance Counseling
- Complete your exam and proceed with the instructions. There are 4 steps to complete.
Step 1-Counseling Type is I am an undergraduate student
Step 3-School Information
Step 4-Counseling Session/ Quiz
Don’t log off!!
Complete your E-MPN on www.studentloans.gov
- Click on Complete Master Promissory Note option
- Under What You Need select Subsidized/ Unsubsidized
- Read and complete your 4 steps to E- Sign your MPN successfully. There are 4 steps to complete.
Step 1-Personal Information
Step 2- Personal References
Step 3- Terms & Conditions
Step 4- Review & Sign
Accept your offered Direct Loan Award
- Log on to www.epcc.edu
- Select the Current Students option
- Click on Banner system under the Class Schedules option
- Log in using your EPCC ID and password
- Select Student & Financial Aid
- Click on Financial Aid
- Go to My Award Information
- Select Award By Aid Year
- Select appropriate aid year for your award
- Click on the 3rd grey tab Accept Award Offer
- You choose Accept, Decline, or Partially accept your Direct Loan award(s)
- Accept Full Amount All Awards or Submit Decision
- Exit from Banner
Please create a new folder for your Direct Loan papers. Do not send your MPN to EPCC. If you come across any questions on the student loans website, please contact Direct Loan Services at 1-800-557-7394.