DO NOT skip any of the phases. All FIVE phases must be completed, otherwise your Direct Loan disbursements will be delayed until all five phases are done in its entirety.
PHASE I – Log in to www.nslds.ed.gov for information about all of your Federal Student Loans. Students need Federal Student Aid PIN to access NSLDS. This is for information purposes only.
PHASE II – Complete a Financial Literacy Module
- Disable the “Pop-Up Blocker” from your web browser.
- Log in and Register at www.TG.org/LC
- Special Access Code: SB6800103870
- From the Course Catalog, search and select “100_Know What You Owe” mini module.
- Click on “Details”, then "Launch" to watch the presentation (must have Adobe Flash Player on your computer in order to watch the video).
- After watching the mini module, complete “100 _Know What You Owe- Post-Test".
- Print your Certificate of Completion and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. Provide a hard copy certificate to the Financial Aid Office, otherwise your Direct Loans will not be certified. Students must pass the post-test with a grade of 70% or better!
PHASE III – Complete Your Entrance Counseling Online
- Log in to the Direct Loan website www.StudentLoans.gov
- Click on the green Sign in button under “Manage My Direct Loan”
- Complete the Entrance Counseling
- Complete your exam and proceed with the instructions. There are 4 steps to complete:
Step 1 – Counseling Type is I am an undergraduate student
Step 2 – Guidelines
Step 3 – School Information
Step 4 – Counseling Session/Quiz
DO NOT LOG OFF
PHASE IV – Complete Your E-MPN on the same StudentLoans.gov website
- Click on Complete Master Promissory Note option
- Under “What you Need” select Subsidized/Unsubsidized
- Read and complete the following 4 steps to electronically sign (e-sign) your MPN successfully:
Step 1 – Personal Information
Step 2 – Personal References
Step 3 – Terms and Conditions
Step 4 – Review and electronically sign your MPN
PHASE V – Accept Your Offered Direct Loan Award
- Log in to www.epcc.edu
- Select the Current Students option
- Click on Banner System under the Class Schedules option
- Log in using your EPCC ID and password
- Select Student & Financial Aid
- Go to My Award Information
- Select Award by Aid Year
- Select appropriate aid year for your award
- Click on the third grey Accept Award Offer tab. Do not decline the Subsidized Loan.
- Select your Award Decision
- Submit Decision
- Exit from Banner
EPCC receives confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education within 7 business days. Students will not receive a Direct Loan disbursement until:
- Completed the Financial Literacy Module and turned in your Certificate of Completion to the Financial Aid Office.
- Attended an In-Person Entrance Counseling Session for the academic year.
- Completed the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) online.
- Accepted your offered Direct Loan Award in Banner. Students cannot decline the Subsidized Direct Loan, if offered both the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans.
Please create a folder for your Direct Loan paperwork. Do not send your MPN to EPCC. If you come across any questions on the StudentLoans.gov website, please contact the U.S. Department of Education at (800) 557-7394 to speak with a representative. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00p.m. (ET).