The Office of the Vice President facilitates planning, institutional research and evaluation; is the College's SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison, and reports institutional advances. This office is also responsible for overseeing the following:
- Facilitation of the Strategic Plan update
- Operational Planning
- Unit Reviews
- Enrollment Forecasts
- Improvement Planning
- Grant Development
- College Policies and Procedures
- Development of the College Factbook
- Faculty Evaluation reports
- IPEDS Reports
- State Reports
- SACSCOC Liaison Office
College Accreditation and Compliance
To assist the College in understanding Regional accreditation requirement and to provide the College direction towards addressing the accreditation requirements.
- Work closely with SACSCOC regional office to ensure the College has the most current information requirements, principles and practices.
- Develop and implement strategies for the District to meet accreditation standards and activities.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and provide general guidance about minimizing or eliminating the risk.
- Manage the collection and analysis of information and answer questions regarding the accreditation process.
- Ensure that the electronic institutional data collected by SACSCOC is accurate and timely.
- Manage ongoing regulatory compliance audits and research as requested.
- Serve as a point of contact and assist the institutional SACS Liaison by providing research, analysis and organizational support for accreditation, including the comprehensive Compliance Report, organizing, coordinating, and monitoring implementation of accreditation planning agendas and recommendations articulating accreditation activities with the district, as necessary.
- Provide regular progress reports to the President, Vice Presidents and other operational administrators.
Institutional and Community Planning
The Institutional and Community Planning Office serves as the central coordinating point for College-wide planning activities. This office works throughout the College in long-range and short term planning efforts to include:
- EPCC’s Strategic Plan
- Performing an annual analysis of the College’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) and environmental scans
- Reviewing district-wide goals and objectives to address goals
- Facilitating and reporting successes of Area Plans developed by budget heads and their staffs
- Coordinating community-based planning activities that link community organizations with EPCC’s programs and services
- Forming partnerships to support services for EPCC students
- Maintaining a positive College presence in planning efforts beneficial to EPCC students and the community at-large
- Facilitating district-wide planning initiatives as needed, e.g. conducting Focus Groups
Institutional and Community Planning also facilitates and monitors the implementation of short-term planning activities such as:
- Improvement plans for specialized short-term College needs
- Operational planning efforts by College budget heads
- Training in planning and goal-setting
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is to create, develop and manage an ongoing, integrated, and institution-wide research-based, systematic review of the effectiveness of programs and services to ensure that these activities reflect College policies and procedures, and to guide and facilitate strategic planning. This office is also responsible for the following:
- Developing and managing of the Program Review assessment of instructional programs
- Facilitating College planning by providing analysis of performance data
- The creation, development and management of Research, Accreditation & Planning Access databases
- Creating and maintaining the IE archives
- Coordinating the activities of the IE Committee
- Managing the creation and revision of the College Policies and Procedures, which the IE Office places on the College’s web site
The Office of Institutional Research provides accurate and timely information to state and federal agencies, information dissemination services to residents of our service area and the College community. This office is also responsible for the following:
- Complete IPEDS Reports
- Create/update the College Factbook
- Create the Legislative Budget Board Report
- Insure the integrity of the data on the THECB Annual Data Profile
- Produce Enrollment Trends and Projections Report
- Provide data and analysis for EPCC program review
- Prepare and administer surveys for the EPCC community
- Administer the evaluation of classes by students
- Monitors and ensures the accuracy of State Reports before submission