The goal of the institutional effectiveness system is to improve the quality of education in the El Paso Community College District by conducting systematic evaluations of academic programs and services.
The college-wide institutional effectiveness program will:
- Assess educational outcomes relating to the mission of the El Paso County Community College District.
- Evaluate availability (quantity and distribution), quality, and utilization of resources.
- Assess institutional effectiveness in meeting community needs.
- Assess institutional effectiveness in meeting demands of external agencies, especially the Southern Association of College and Schools, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and specialized accrediting agencies.
- Provide a process for ongoing evaluation of the institutional effectiveness system.
- Provide a process for dissemination and use of educational outcomes and institutional effectiveness outcomes assessment within the institution and the community.
- Provide a process for the use of institutional effectiveness outcomes assessment in the development and revision of strategic and operational academic planning that provides directly for educational improvement.