Career Services assists students and alumni with all aspects of career planning including choosing a major/career, exploring career-related interests, developing effective job search strategies (for internships or permanent employment), transitioning and applying to graduate schools, or changing careers. Our primary mission is to help students integrate their academic and career interests, as well as develop lifelong career management.
Career Services Department promotes awareness of career options, world of work, and promotes lifelong career management. Career Services values and serves the needs of a diverse community seeking career-related information and experience, and we are committed to providing exceptional service in a welcoming, respectful environment.
Career Services assists students in the areas of career self-assessment, career exploration, job search/placement techniques, transfer services and the cooperative education program. Comprehensive career resources are provided for students to effectively:
- Explore and plan career and educational goals;
- Learn the skills necessary to become successful when seeking employment opportunities;
- Develop the confidence to pursue career aspirations;
- Explore and choose academic majors and career options;
- Obtain career-related experience; and
- Realize their educational goals ensuring a successful transfer to continue their higher education.
Career Services Department collaborates with employers through interactive and educational partnerships, exposing them to high quality student-candidates from the various academic fields. In addition, Career Services collaborates with faculty members to tap into resources, provide classroom presentations, special projects, and/or schedule industry guest speakers.
Career Services can assist in the following areas:
- Career exploration and planning
- Internship and scholarship information
- On-campus academic and career recruiting
- Job search/placement techniques
- Career Services workshops/presentations
- Transfer services-research and provide resources for students seeking to continue their studies at a four-year college/university.
- Cooperative Education program.
Career Services provides assistance district-wide. For more information visit www.epcc.edu/careerservices .