Student Access Code for Courses in Blackboard Learn
Students must purchase a Student Access Code to be able to access course materials in the course. The cost for a Student Access Code varies by publisher and title. Student Access Codes are bundled with new textbooks or sold individually in the EPCC bookstore. If a student purchased a book from a source other than the bookstore, the student should contact the publisher to purchase an Access Code.
It is recommended that faculty post the publisher's online Access Code purchase information in the syllabus and a convenient location in the course for students who are in need of an access code.
Some publishers may give the students a 15 day grace period give them time to purchase their textbook/access code, by clicking the grace button when they log into their course. Follow the instructions on the screen to purchase, or the instructions below:
There are two ways you can purchase an access code:
- Purchase a textbook that includes the access code online, or at the EPCC bookstore.
- Purchase a student access code online.
When you receive your access code, it will look like one of the following:
- A combination of letters and numbers, such as: CT-TCT-6321-711931-1
- All letters, such as: LOVE-LITE-JUST-GIVE-WAGS-IDLE
Access Code Tips
- Open a course item to get access to enter your access code.
- Type your access key exactly as it appears in the e-mail you received or on the printed card included with the textbook you purchased.
- Your access key is not the same as your user name or password supplied by your institution, nor is it your Blackboard Learn user name or password.
For help with your access code, contact the EPCC Blackboard Help Desk at 888.296.0863 (toll free). The Help Desk is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.